Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fooooooood!

Man have I been tired all day, this mornings workout really drained me of all my energy.
Thankfully I had time to make some good grub and relax after work, I really enjoy cooking, and got a chance to show my brother healthy food can be delicious and doesn't have to be cold veggies and no flavors.

Today's lunch was just a quick salad I took with me to work.
  • Arugula
  • Carrot salad mix
  • Cottage cheese
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • A big bottle of flavored mineral water


Looks a lot better on the plate doesn't it? :P


So for dinner my little brother wanted minced meat tortilla. Now that I'm helping him get healthy I decided to make him something that's lower in calories but still tasted good. 
In my version you save calories since you need only half the amount of minced meat, no cheese or extra sauces, and no tortilla bread!  I also made sure to add a ton of vegetables to the mix (when you fry them together they taste lovely and voilá you have twice as much to eat for half the calories!)

 I chopped up mushrooms, aubergine, bell peppers, red onion, leek, chives and fried them 

 I marinated the minced meat for about an hour before frying it with chopped onions (for the marinade I mixed chili oil, lots of garlic, chili paste, dried chilies and garlic paste)

 I added some veggies to the minced meat for my brother (you can also leave it out if you don't eat meat!) and fried it up with some soy sauce, sesame oil, and a little bit of tex mex mix

 I used crunchy salad leafs instead of tortilla wraps! They were DELICIOUS and super fresh!

And added a yogurt mix (fat free Turkish yogurt, juice of lemon and some lemon pepper) 
then just wrap it up and enjoy :)
It was really really good!

(Sorry for the blurry pic, I'm only learning how to use my new phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment